
This past week I was in the midst of several thousand people engaged in seven days (dubiously called Freshers' Week) of the most violent, ridiciulous partying I have ever experienced. There is a certain edge to orientation week when the drinking age is 18 and the freshers get to meet in bars instead of furtively drinking from plastic cups behind dumpsters. It was basically CTOPS with alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. I had fun... but mostly just felt old.
Dodging vomit aside, I had a pretty amazing week at St. Andrews. I registered for classes, joined the women's soccer team, and took a day trip to Dundee with my neighbor, Meghan. I went to a flat party, survived a pub crawl, and ate late-night kebabs on the main street. I discovered some beautiful footpaths, bought old art books from St. A's oldest book shop, and ate world famous fish and chips by the harbour in Anstruther.
Classes started yesterday; suffice it to say I am pretty much loving life? Here are some sweet photos from my first week:
The art history building looks a little like a castle and is built on a cliff overlooking the North Sea. Not bad at all!
Me and Meghan outside our building, Andrew Melville Hall. I'm not going to lie to you, it's probably the ugliest building for miles. Some people call it Andrew Smellville, but I would rather not go there. My room is the window furthest to the right and on the bottom. Yep, basement style. Hey, at least I have single...

Me, Meghan and Erica (Gwen, our fourth, is taking the photo) on a girls' night out
Of course, love and missing you.

