Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Road Goes Ever On and On

I kept thinking "once I get into grad school everything will calm down." Turns out that was folly.

Everyone's favorite little blossom, Patrick Harrison, came all the way from Chapel Hill for a visit:

And there was dancing...

...and grad school acceptance celebrations...
(Jamie bought me cookies, chips and cheese, champagne, and Twix as a surprise. Could I have a better flatmate? I mean honestly.)

and more.... celebrations:

Patrick imported Solo cups and ping pong balls for the occasion. It was an epic tournament in both ferocity and diversity of players. We had delegates from no less than 4 countries and gaming stretched into the wee hours of the St Patrick's Day morn. The champions? Well, team Jamie of course.

Academically I've been swamped but I like to try and focus on the good times. Spring Break starts on Friday and Jamie and I are planning a secret getaway of relaxation and cultural enrichment. I would divulge, but I'm afraid that the paps will pick up on our trail.

More later; miss and love you xoxo