Monday, March 17, 2008

I knew the real estate market was low, but I never knew how low

I was sitting here at work going through interior shots of houses for upcoming valuations and I found something I felt must be shared with as many people as possible. I have to look at a lot of interiors, and usually count it as the most boring part of my day. The reality show appeal wears off after the first twenty or so oak panelled drawing rooms. But today.... today was something else. I want you to experience it in the same way I did, so here goes:

Oh wow, what a lovely 16th century property! Former Laird's house complete with tower... not too shabby.
Stunning grounds! It's like the first chapter of a Henry James novel back there.


Toodle pip old chap, just pull the Bentley right through those double doors. Ta ra!

I finished with the exterior shots and dove right inside to an image labelled "drawing room," wholly unprepared for what was about to lean right out of my monitor and punch me in the face. Are you ready? Ok:

AAAAAAAAAH! Country Homes Gone Wild!

No, really.