Monday, January 15, 2007

Ὀδύσσεια y'all

There was a time when I had my heart set on being a Classics major. That time was brief and ended about two seconds after I took a look at the Greek alphabet. Regardless, I have a special place in my heart for Homer -- so imagine my delight when I read that Gozo, a small island off the coast of Malta, is considered to be Calypso's mythical island from The Odyssey!

If you don't believe me you can read for yourself here.

Every nerdy neuron in my brain went into paroxysms of joy upon discovering this little fact, and I quickly coerced Gwen and Caleb into making an excursion there. Maybe I can meet Nausinous ... or gain immortal life?

The nerd quotient of this post is rising by the second. I better listen to a little Bone Thugz N Harmony and watch some footage of mob violence on youtube. That'll fix'er.