This is what my horizon looks like this morning. The old 9:30 am sunrise.... not bad at all. What a beautiful day for international travel!Caleb and I are hopping on the bus in about an hour for Glasgow. From there we will fly to Stockholm, Sweden. We are spending roughly 5 days roaming around Sweden, 3 in Finland (we are taking the overnight ferry from Stockholm to Turku!), a short layover in London, and 5 days in Malta. I am really, ridiculously excited.
In other news, I survived my furniture exam. Here is one of my essay questions:
7. Assess the relationship between William Trotter's furniture and the Edinburgh Cabinet and Chair Makers' Books of Prices, 1805-1825. Cite examples, either vernacular or fashionable, where applicable.
I'm not really sure what to think of it; a lot of the key questions (i.e CHIPPENDALE) just weren't there. Julia and I left the exam in a daze of dissatisfaction and went for drinks... I imagine I passed, but I never really got into that groove where I can zip along and think happily to myself "self, you are RULING this exam." Oh well.
I'll update once I get to London. That is, if my fingers don't freeze and break off in Finland -- it's supposed to be 12 degrees! I will have a chance to thaw out in Malta: yahoo says high of 70. Glorious.
I have to pack and close up my flat! So much to do!
Love and miss you all, and I'll see you on the other side!