
I'm back! Landed! Countries visited include Sweden, Finland, and Malta. (The above photo was taken on my last day in Malta and is, perhaps, my favorite of all time)
... and I'm EXHAUSTED. We spent last night in Gatwick airport; I started to hallucinate around 6:15 in the morning, at which point I passed out face-down on a bench and nearly missed the flight to Edinburgh.
I've got pages of hastily jotted notes that will eventually amass themselves into a vibrant collage of multi-cultural experience, but for now I have got to get some durn sleep.
But here's a hint of what's to come [I know, hold on to your hats]:
- A thrilling description of the ferry ride from Sweden to Finland. There will be ice floes breaking, bands of praying gypsies, and much lashing about above deck for my part.
- An account of the subterranean workings of Sweden's largest silver mine (with video!)
- A window into Helsinki's thriving night life (also with video!)
- Several pictures of me lounging about in the golden sunshine of Malta, eating grapes, and generally rejoicing in the fact that there is not even the smallest suggestion of snow in the forecast.
Here are two photos, for starters, that do well to suggest the varied climates I enjoyed these past few weeks:
On the road to the VasaMuseet in Stockholm, Sweden.
Waiting for the ferry to Gozo in Cirkewwa, Malta.Oh, and did I mention that classes start tomorrow?
I'm running ragged, and I love it.