Monday, February 12, 2007

We Be Ballin'

This weekend was the St. Salvators Ball. The theme was "Legends" and Jamie and I went as Audrey Hepburn and Helen of Troy respectively. I was originally going to go as Marilyn Monroe but I had to get ready in about nine minutes and my dress, although white, was around three feet too long; so thanks to a nice leafy bush outside of St Salvators I fashioned myself a little laurel crown and VOILA: Helen of Troy. I thought it might be a little conceited to say I was dressed as the most beautiful woman in the world, so when people asked what Legend I was I mostly just said 'your mom.'

Here are some photos!
The evening began as most evenings in St Andrews do: with a trip to Tesco.
Jamie and I are never far from a photo opportunity.


The Ladies: Jamie, Lauren, and Gwendolegend

Lawrence: A Legend In His Own Mind

Rob's Legendary Harem

I'm completely out of captions that involve the word Legend.
Here's the lot of us. Rob is in the wizard costume.

Ok, one more obvious one: LEGENDS OF DANCE.


Jamie, Steve, your Mom

Legendary seamen?

Oh, I get it. He's Stevie Wonder.

Gwendolegend and I made a stop at the late night kebab shop. As ya do.


Apologies for my LONG overdue post about the last few weeks' travels; I've been absolutely swamped with summer and postgraduate applications... Not to mention, well, going to balls and stuff too. I'll get it up here as soon as I can knock out a research proposal. Psssh, small change!

Be well. love and miss you all.