Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Age of Consent

is 16 in Britain, so I don't feel THAT guilty about going to London to see Daniel Radcliffe (of Harry Potter fame) strip his kit off for a full ten minutes in the West End this weekend.


(I do not want to take responsibility for this photo, but I will say that it is pretty awesome.)

He is starring in the play Equus, if you haven't been reading your celebrity gossip blogs recently, and plays a troubled boy named Alan Strang who does some unspeakable things to horses. Randy Harrison, who starred in the 2005 American revival, says of the play: "Equus is one of the most significant English-language plays of the past 30 years. Anybody who hasn't seen it or read it needs to, if they care at all about theatre or literature."

I care a lot about both of those things... but I also want to see Harry Potter naked.

After Friday's expose we are going to see the last leg of The Avett Brothers' UK Tour. They are playing at a venue called The Mean Fiddler on Saturday night and man am I excited. Now if only they would go nude...