Guess what? I am applying for a research masters degree at St Andrews. A few weeks ago David suggested I stay on as one of his graduate students in the school of art history, and since then I have spent every spare moment researching my topic, amassing a bibliography (going on 47 sources), and pacing up and down my kitchen debating the validity of a post-Revolutionary school of Charleston cabinetmakers.
I'm excited about my topic; really, really excited, and I wouldn't mind spending the next year or so developing it. I won't get my hopes up because getting into St Andrews as a postgraduate is difficult-- they only take twelve students a year-- but I'm confident in the strength of my internal recommendation from David and my topic is pretty exciting as far as furniture history is concerned [believe me, it's a non-stop party with those furniture historians, woop woop!]
In other news on the grad school front, I applied for the MA program at Sotheby's Institute in London and got asked to come back for an interview -- hooray! I'm still not sure how I feel about their program, but I like the fact that it is objects-based and in London, so I am happy to go down and have a look around.
Speaking of going down to London: Jamie and I are headed down the first weekend in March and we got cheap tickets to see... drumroll please... DANIEL RADCLIFFE IN EQUUS! Based on the price of the tickets we will probably be sitting out in the lobby behind a pole, but I am thrilled nevertheless. AND, as if it couldn't get any better, the next night we are going to see THE AVETT BROTHERS. Oooh I get a little flutter of excitement just thinking about it. Jamie has never been to London so I am looking forward to experiencing it again through her eyes; it's been a while since I got a thrill from riding the tube or hearing someone say 'Cheerio!' in the street.
OK: I'm packing up for another long day at the library. I will leave you with some sweet pics of me and Jamers from this past weekend. We work hard and party hard in Scotland. And that's the truth.
