Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Right Under the Wire

I thought I'd headline the last post of 2007 with a feel-good photo of me and Scott... because nothing says Happy New Year like matching turtlenecks.

I've been blistering around the continental USA at warp speed this holiday season. I even made it to Texas to visit Scott's dear family. (Me! In Texas!). Delicious meals, boisterous parties, and adorable puppies were in abundance. I felt so warm and welcome during my time in Houston -- many thanks to everyone for being so wonderfully open and marvelously kind to this wayward mountain girl. I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

We have returned to Asheville just long enough to wash our clothes. Tomorrow morning we strike off for Rhode Island where Scott will report for Officer Candidate School and I will hop on a plane back to Scotland for one more semester of masters-getting.

This post reads like a to-do list, so I will end it with a short video that makes me laugh -- 'N Sync's Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays:



Plot: Santa gets a mysterious gurgling illness and can’t deliver his presents. ’N Sync is tapped to step in and take over the reigns on his magical sleigh run.

Why it ruins Christmas: Here are 10 reasons why this video ruins Christmas -- Joey Fatone’s goggles; the fact that I now know which one Joey Fatone is; sleigh riding in front of a blue screen; Justin Timberlake's turtleneck; Gary Coleman; homeless people; seriously, where is the guy with the dreds now?; token Asian girl; the close-up of Santa’s upset stomach; it reminds me how old I'm getting.

Happy New Years everyone -- here's to 2008: The Year of Lauren. Rock.