Monday, October 23, 2006

Glen Lyon with Breakaway: The Photo Tour

This Sunday I dragged myself out of bed at 6:30 to join the rest of the Breakaway-ers for a day of heather-trampling and hillwalking in Glen Lyon. I would write more, but my whole body is sore and typing is difficult. It was absolutely stunning. Weather was gorgeous, people were lovely, and I am woefully out of shape... but I'll let the photos speak for themselves:

(click on photo to make bigger and increase awe-factor)

Early morning in St. Andrews (leaving my building)

Here we go!

Up through the clouds


Well that's real nice.







We are headed for that peak in the clouds...



THE SUMMIT.


Did I mention that I pretty much love the highlands?



Run away!


The descent


Something bad happened here...



To the pub!


This last photo was taken by one Nick Dunstone. That's me right thar taking a photo like a regular japanese tourist.

Live it, love it.