Saturday, October 21, 2006

Special Photos For Special Moments

Meghan snapped this photo of me as I opened my birthday care package from one Adam Austin. Let's just say I was very excited to see the Hidden Valley. Also included: instant grits, luzianne, mast general store candy, and bisquick. Bring on the southern foodstuffs, ma'am!

Let's see... some other things have happened since Wednesday besides getting a box full of ranch in the mail, but they all seem to pale in comparison. Thursday was my day of Scottish furniture and it was (of course) fabulous. I am going to a furniture auction next Wednesday evening with my professor at a place called MacGregors. Goal? A kist or a kreepie stool. I'm not sure how I will get these items back, but I do know that I basically have to have at least one of them in my posession before the end of term. Kists are sort of like American blanket chests and kreepie stools are basically low, handmade wooden stools. Scottish furniture has replaced Ranch as my new (and slightly healthier) obsession.

Tonight I'm going to a CALGARY STAMPEDE PARTY replete with country western tunes, handlebar mustaches, and good ol' fashioned Scottish boot-scootin'. Sadly I left all my western wear in North Carolina, so I may just go in normal clothes with a bandana tied around my face like a bandit. I just have to remember to take the bandana off if I want to go anywhere else because I will probably be arrested.

Tomorrow I'm off on a Breakaway day trip to Glen Lyon. Stay tuned for sweet pics! Hooray!