First of all, I got bangs:
I know, right? Incidentally, "bangs" are called "fringe" in Scotland and calling them otherwise will get you laughed at.
I'm back in St. A's after some time away and I've found that it was exactly what I needed to really appreciate where I live. St. Andrews has become my home now and I'm ok with that. I turned in my [crap] essay for Jane Austen class on Monday morning and spent the next hour or so just walking around, admiring the cobblestones and snapping photos. The weather was lovely, the leaves are a-changing, and have I told you that the view from the English building is CASTLE RUINS? See for yourself:

I was so happy to see all the girls of the illustrious E block, and we had a great time catching up over dinner last night. My biggest news is that I went to a furniture auction and managed to win a bidding war for THE MOST FABULOUS SCOTTISH WINDSOR CHAIR EVER. Ah, furniture auctions, an addiction undying. Here are some photos, because I know that's how LAURA OVERBEY ROLLS:


This is the chair of my life. I hope to die sitting in it, or something along those lines. It is made of Elm and "other woods" and is positively beautiful.
Who shells she shells by the shea shore? Those are classrooms on the right, frigid water on the left, and cliffs of death in-between.
This is inside St. Mary's College, the part of the University where the cupboard is kept! Fun fact: that tree was planted by Mary, Queen of Scots.
This photo was viciously stolen from Gwen, but it is a good show of Scotland in the rain. This is what St. Andrews looks like every three days or so. It's not so bad, but that's because I'm really tall so my face is further away from puddles [wha?]
Time check: it's 4:30 in the afternoon and it's DARK. Please also note the glorious curtains I have in my room. They are magnificent and a living testament to the taste and good judgement of whoever selected them.Here's what I have on my plate this week:
- Slide exam [aforementioned 200 Scottish chairs]
- Presentation on Mansfield Park [multi-media?]
- finding a flat and breaking my housing contract [turns out this is more difficult than it should be]
- collecting my free drink at the Byre Theatre
- ice skating with Breakaway
- scheduling meetings and open days with various graduate programs around the UK [they're coming up, y'all!]
Geez, what a boring list. Uncanny.
I'm just a regular old student now?







