Sunday, April 29, 2007

Snaps for Spring in St Andrews

Jamie and I spent last night ironing out our signature move at the Andrew Melville ball (see above) at the St Andrews aquarium. The theme was "Through the Looking Glass" and the dress -- black tie with a twist -- meant that Jamie had an excuse to dye her hair pink while I got to rock her mom's hot dress. Laurie and Rob rounded out our super group of winners and big fun was had by all.



We finished up our big Ya weekend today with an afternoon of Pimms and polo at the Barclays Wealth polo tournament. I'd never seen polo up close; it really is a beautiful game, and we had the best time picnicking on the sidelines:

Anna and Julia represent the Swedes. I represent..puffy vests.

My girls! We are so full of bread and cheese, you have no idea.

Furniture connoisseurs and future London flatmates!

We were seriously close to the action. Check out those haunches.

There are three Asheville School graduates at St Andrews this semester. What are the odds of that? I'll tell you: 3 out of 200. Watch Erik, Nancy, and me be super and take over the world.

My last week of class starts tomorrow. Oh, I am sad already!