Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mum's Day, Mum

Mother's day in the UK takes place in March. That means two months ago when I saw an ad in the card shop reading "Don't forget mum's day!" my panic was mixed with confusion when I remembered having last year's mother's day brunch around the time of UNC graduation. My suspicions were founded, and it looks like today is the actual mother's day for my people.


... And that means my mom gets a shout-out on the blog. Most of you don't know my mom, but those of you who do know that she is pretty boss. I love you, mom. Thank you for your constant support and love, even when my choices take me so far away from home for what feels like, well, forever. I'll be home eventually. Like you say, "home is where, if you come, she probably has to let you in." I miss you so much every day, not just today, but it doesn't help that I know you will be having a tasty brunch with the rest of our family in a restaurant that will probably have sweet tea on the menu with free refills. I can't think of a better way to celebrate myself.