Friday, May 11, 2007

Passing 'Round the Hat

How many countless hours have you spent being entertained by my blog? How many belly-laughs, eye-rolls, and general sighs of disgust have you had on my account? Well, it's time to do something for me.

First of all, I'd like to shout out to Ernie, my fellow Avett fan, and wish him all the best on this competition as I figure we are probably going to pitted against one another in an epic battle (to the death) of ultimate fandom. And when I say "epic battle" I really just mean whichever of us gets randomly selected by the computer, but whatever, it feels pretty epic to me.

CLICK HERE

... and enter me in the contest to WIN SCOTT AVETT'S BANJO!

What would I do with it if I won? Well, I'll tell you. I would place it in a solid gold box and hang it high, high up on my living room wall forever in an effort to show obescience to the musical gods. Funds are limited right now though, even with the exchange rate, so I might forego the gold box and just have it surgically implanted in my back. Can you imagine? I would be a hit at cocktail parties. "Oh, that's just Lauren. She has Scott Avett's banjo fused to her spine."

So basically it's just any old day at work: listening to some Avett, writing labels for the Scottish pottery exhibit, and entering myself in the fye contest every ten minutes. No big deal.