If there was any doubt regarding my feelings on the end of my undergraduate career I give you this photo of me high-kicking down Market Street after yesterday's exam. I'm halfway through! I will be completely finished on Saturday, at which point I will attempt a double-axel off the library steps.In other good news, I got offered a spot at an international auction house in Edinburgh (it rhymes with Schmonhams) in their work scheme. I'll be working in the furniture department. I've spoken over the phone with my new boss a few times and he seems like a capital fellow.
But Lauren, you might ask, how will you work at the FFM and the auction house this summer? Well, I'll tell you. I will work 40 hours a week at the auction house and 21 hours a week at the FFM. I will commute to Edinburgh from Cupar; it's a 45 minute train ride into Waverley and then a short walk up into the new town to the auction house. There is the distinct possibility that I will work myself straight into the ground but I feel like I can do anything for two months. I am interested in the challenge, honestly, and it helps that I'll come out of it with a pretty bangin' resume.
Until then I have to work extra hard at the FFM to get as much done as possible while I still have free time. Today I am researching pressed glass and Collessie school, among other things. I am also wondering if I will ever have a summer break again?