Thursday, May 24, 2007

News of the Weird

I spend a lot of time on the internet at work researching obscure pottery forms and other footnotes in Scottish history. It is about as exciting as it sounds. Today was my lucky day, however, as I stumbled across this gem and found out that the British government owes me 31 trillion dollars. Grad school here I come!

The slogan is what kills me. It destroys me with laughter. Read it in Chris Rock's voice and tell me you aren't laughing too.

Update: there's a book! Click here to read about it. Amazing. I should see if I can dig up the author's contact information; I have some additions I'd like to make. I realize the list is somewhat exhaustive (he blames the British for poverty, the nazis, global warming, and terrorism), but I think that by omitting "no free refills" and "prawn flavoured crisps" he does himself a grave disservice. Seriously, who wants shrimp flavoured potato chips?

So besides planning my financial future I've just been humming along post-exams and enjoying my last few days in the flat. Jamie and I went to see Zodiac last night starring Jake Gyllenhaha and that guy who kept getting arrested for drugs a few years ago. It was very long and scared the bejesus out of me. We had sweet AND salty popcorn and I had a fanta with no ice. It was a big night.

In other news, my father will be here in a matter of hours. He's driving up from Manchester as we speak in fact, and I'm ridiculously excited to see him. He will be the first family member I've seen since Christmas! We're doing a dinner thing in St Andrews with some friends and then tomorrow we depart for a take-no-prisoners two day tour of the highlands. I've spent a lot of time in the highlands over the last few years and I'm delighted that I'll be able to share it with my dad.

Right. I've got loads more pottery to look up before lunch. Have a good day y'all!